Sunday, July 18, 2010

Boardmaker Plus


Where do I even begin? It was a lot to take in today! Once we got going with Boardmaker Plus it didn't seem so daunting. However, this is something that I'm definitely going to have to keep playing around with because I don't want to forget more than I learned. Here's hoping that my new Learning Center teacher will let me practice with this program in the new school year!

The amount of thinking that is needed before you create a storyboard is amazing. I think that I'm going to use this type of activity with my Grade Six students as it fits nicely with their curriculum (storyboards). I wonder if it is possible if we could create a storyboard for a younger student as a class? Aside from the curriculum (there's so much that could be "covered" in Language Arts), I think that they more practical use of community-building would be more important.

I fooled around with some searching on the internet and found a really interesting site that might be useful for Jennifer and I as we are doing a math book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDsNmaiwszc


This YouTube video presents some interesting information around counting and the use of switches. I hadn't thought about how a student may need to "touch" each object as they count. This video addresses this issue quite nicely. I'm hoping that I can put it into practice with our storyboard.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way and also felt daunted (read my blog entry... same views). I also feel that I did not have enough time to get a good feel for this program and I certainly have not used it in my teaching career.

    I would like more time to spend working with this program and so consequently, I did very much the same as you and went surfing the net to find tutorials and projects that had already been designed.

    This was indeed very helpful! Glad to know that I wasn't alone in feeling this way!

    ReplyDelete